For every aggravation I have experienced due to my food allergies, there are TWO to THREE things that have happened in my life and in my body that are true MIRACLES.
Food allergies can completely disrupt your life in ways that only someone with food allergies can understand. It can take months or even years (as is my case) to find some of the allergens and how to deal with them. This is one of the biggest reasons why I became an AllerCoach so that I could help others find a faster path to their own transformation.
It has been a year now since I discovered my soy allergy, and below are the amazing things that have taken place in my life and my body:
- My acid reflux went from needing extensive esophageal surgery to being controlled with one medication rather than two. (One of the medications had SOY in it! No wonder I had reflux for so many years!)
- For the first time in my life, I rarely ever have to take pain medication for menstrual cramps. There were many months when I would need time off from work just to get through my period. (Note: Watch out for pads, tampons and TOILET PAPER that has soy in it. The toilet paper was absolutely the key for me.)
- I went from needing sinus infection antibiotics repeatedly for 1.5 years to now being completely off of antibiotics for over a year now without one single sinus infection.
- My IBS is now controlled at least 85% of the time with diet, and I am working on finding the foods that will help me get to 100%.
- The “chicken skin” on my upper arms is gone, and in its place is clear skin that I am not embarrassed to hide under sleeves.
- I have gone from a size 14 to a size 8!
- I feel INCREDIBLE. I had no idea how bad I really felt until my energy returned. (This did not happen overnight!)
- I sleep like a baby.
- I rarely have to get up during the night anymore to go to the bathroom, and I always did before.
- I could never sit through a work meeting longer than an hour without having to go to the bathroom, and now I can sit for at least 2-3 hours.
- I can now cook meals that are better than a restaurant, and most of them are quick and easy.
- I now see cooking as an opportunity for creativity and a way to nourish my body.
- I still have people walk up to me and say, “Wow! You look like a college student!” I am 37 years old, and as you can see from my pictures, I looked every bit of my age until I eliminated soy.
- I am empowered by knowing that I am aware of and am familiar with every ingredient that goes into my body.
- There’s a lot of toxins and harmful chemicals that my body will never have to process again, because I have eliminated a significant number of packaged foods from my diet.
- My husband and I have saved a ton of money by eating at home.
- My husband is also eating healthier and losing weight.
- I am in tune with my body, and I know what I need to be healthy.
- I have started this blog, which gives me a great sense of purpose for helping others thrive with their food allergy.
- I became an AllerCoach, and that has truly been the discovery of my calling.
If you are struggling with eliminating your food allergens or are new to having food allergies, know that the frustration you are experiencing WILL get better as you navigate through your new life. The rewards for sticking it out will be totally worth it!