Hi. I’m Alanna, and I’m a soyvivor. If you do not have a soy allergy, the term “soyvivor” may seem a bit dramatic, but trust me, those with a soy allergy know that learning to survive and thrive is no small feat. I will share my story in future posts, but that is not the point of my blog. If you are here because you have a soy allergy or are trying to eliminate soy for other reasons, then like me, you may be frustrated that there is so little information out there when it comes to:
- What products are soy free
- What products should be eliminated
- How to cook soy free (and actually like it)
- The emotional, spiritual, & physical effects of coping and thriving with a food allergy
- How to discuss your soy allergy needs with a business, school or restaurant
- How to deal with folks that just don’t understand (or don’t want to understand)
This blog will not offer medical advice. If you think you have a soy allergy or are planning to eliminate soy from your life, PLEASE see your doctor before making any changes. There are serious nutritional and medical issues that should only be addressed by your physician.
My hope is that this blog will give you hope, encouragement, and a community of like-minded soyvivors that will be willing to also share their stories, ideas and experiences.
Author: Alanna Waldrop